2.20.2013

I love you this much ...

For whatever reason, I like to take pictures of goofy things when I'm out junking and send them to my mister.  My rule is the item has to have a "message" on it that is appropriate for him.  I started doing this about 4 years ago and now I can't stop.  I have a problem.  Is there a 10 step program for weird-os like myself who are addicted to taking pictures of tchotchkes??

Tchotchke (/ˈɒkə/choch-ka)[1][2][3][4][5] is a small bauble, curio, dingus, doodad, doohickey, gewgaw, gimcrack, gizmo, kitsch, knickknack, lagniappe, miscellaneous item, plaything, swag, thingamabob, thingamajig, thingie, toy, trinket, whatchamacallit, whosit, whatsit, widget, etc. Depending on context, the term has a connotation of worthlessness or disposability as well as tackiness

I think the Wikipedia definition is pretty dead on correct.  I mean my goal is actually to find the MOST tacky or perhaps worthless item with a sweet message.  I love the juxtaposition of its actual doohickey status mixed with its message of love or adoration.  



I usually don't even get much of a response.  I think my little crazy photo texts are "tolerated" and not really enjoyed for the long distance love hugs they are meant to be.  But I don't let that stop me.  I'm not easily discouraged when it comes to playfully messing with my man.  Deep inside I think I secretly wish that someone would send me this ... 



But they don't.  I just get the run of the mill .... what should we have for dinner and the other standard fare as far as texting goes.  One of these days I might get lucky and a silly apron-wearing pig holding a frying pan will pop up on my screen.  He'll be holding a sign that says ..." What's cookin .... good lookin.  Then all will be right in my world.  Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment